2/24/22

NCBG IEW February, 2022

 


This is what it looked like before class.

I like this background, but it was too distracting (which is normally the case with these backgrounds).  So I glazed yellow over the bottom and into the middle and then dropped a little extra color (red and brown I think) right after glazing (so the paper was still damp) at the bottom of the paper.  

I added oranges, reds and browns to the stems and some line texture. I started grounding the mushrooms by bringing the darks and browns up into the stems.

I added orange and brown, lightly, onto the middle and right mushroom top.  After it was dry I removed the masking from the right mushroom head and the right stem and worked the hard shapes created back in on the one side using water and a paper towel and color if necessary. 

I worked on some of the dark areas as well and started adding some detail.

I worked on detailing the very top flower using my warm and cool red (quin. rose and pyrrole scarlet) and my purple blue (ultramarine).  I also lifted some lines.