2/3/22

NCBG IEW February, 2022

 

This is a photo of the artichoke after class.  We wet the paper and added a warm and cool yellow.  After that was dry we started working on the first layer of green.  After that we worked on adding darks and shadows.  

We are concentrating on water - the amount of water on the paper, in the brush, and in the paint and what that all looks like as you paint.  This painting is practice for gaining an understanding and control of the water.

This is what it looks like after the video and after a little more work later on the unfinished petals.  I also add more darks and lifted and softened a few areas (with a soft brush, water, and a clean paper towel).  Next class I will add some glazes and more darks as needed.  I will also detail some of the areas so that you can see how I approach detail.  The detail part is done dry and will be more familiar to you all.  At some point I will also add a background.