6/11/21

Zoom Colored Pencil Class June, 2021

 




This is how it looked at the start of class.  I had done a little of the cream and white.

Close-up.

This is after the White and Cream for the light areas and the Black Grape and 50% Warm Gray for the dark areas. I could have used other colors in place of these.  I was mostly thinking dark and light.  

Sometimes I enjoy these so much that I finish them with the value colors and not the rest of the color I had planned.

 I am shading all of this lightly except for the white strip parts and the white edges. 

I added Spanish Orange (warm yellow) to the filaments.

I shaded Lemon Yellow on the petals that are yellow or have some yellow and on the stem.  I added some in with the Spanish Orange on the filaments as well. 

I shaded Scarlet Lake to areas that are red or had reddish tints.



I added Grass Green to the stem, shading it lightly over the entire stem. 

I shaded all of these colors lightly.  Additional finishing layers come after this part of the process is finished.  I work to quickly and lightly get the structure and form going before finishing.  This is my roadmap.

The differences in color are due to the lighting.  I took a few photos during the video process and one before and one after in a different location so the lighting varies a little.  I did do some some editing to bring them closer together.