6/18/21

NCBG Beginning Colored Pencil May, 2021


This is how it looked after the last post.

Using the same limited 6 color mixing palette, I continued to add darks to the shadow areas.  I added more dark to the upper left blueberry and to the left pink and green blueberry.

Remember that Peacock Blue and Scarlet Lake make a good dark (and you can add Copenhagen Blue or other colors as needed) .  Vary the ratios to vary the color - if you need it to be a dark blue lean it toward blue. If you need it to be a dark red lean it toward the red.


I added more Copenhagen blue and peacock blue to the upper left blueberry.  I used an eraser to gently lift some of the color in the light area.  I also started adding the middle detail using both blues.  I am still working on the center. 

On the bottom left blueberry I started adding the center part using both blues and both reds.  I am still working on the center.  I also deepened the color on the blueberry and darkened the darks using both blues and both reds.  I lifted as needed using an eraser, gently, like shading a light area with a pencil.

I used peacock clue and yellow chartreuse to make green on the stem.  I used both reds on the red part and overlapped the reds and green a little.  I mixed the red and green to make the darks as well.  I used an eraser to lift a little light.