4/14/16

Continuing Watercolor (March and April 2016)

I worked a bit more on the background petals and some green areas.

I glazed yellow (what else..) on the background petals and background areas.as well as the green areas.  Now I need to focus on the main mass of petals and the negative spaces.

I did a background starting with yellow at the bottom, green in the middle, and blue at the top.  I wet it before dropping in the colors.

I did a final layer of rubber cement as well as a line of masking around his skin (to help block  poured color).  I also added some more lines on the hat.  I poured red and purple.  After it dried I removed the masking and rubber cement.  I then started with a mixture of rose and lemon for the skin and added a tiny bit of prussian blue for the shadows of the skin.  I used rose for the t-shirt and had band.  I used prussian for the outer shirt.  Pay attention to the lights and darks, always.