4/6/16

Continuing Watercolor (March and April 2016)

I wet and dropped in very light paint over the rest of the petals.  Next step, remove masking and paint some darks.

I wet the tractor areas, dropped in color, added salt or sanded.  I started adding some shadows.

The transferred drawing and masking on the beard, mustache, and a few places on the hat (top and brim).  There is also rubber cement (does not show up in the photo) on the background, the hat band/ribbon, and the t-shirt area.

I sprayed/wet the entire painting and poured Caucasian skin color over the entire painting.  After that was dry I added more rubber cement swirls (background, shirt, hat ribbon/band).  Then I poured yellow and rose (after wetting/spraying the entire painting again.

I added more rubber cement and painted another color on top.