3/21/16

NCBG Beginning Colored Pencil (March 2016)

White pencil, shade the highlights.

Canary Yellow over all the white  (as shown on the left petals).  Next start adding Pomegranate to the shadow areas (shown on the right petals and center).  Add Grass green to the stem.  Start adding Dark Brown to the middle as well as White highlight spots to the middle.

Using White, Canary Yellow, Pomegranate, Cadmium orange, and Indigo Blue continue refining and adding highlights and shadows.  I added the textures to the middle of the flower with white and then added color.  I added some deep shadows with Indigo Blue.  I used White again for some highlights.  I used Canary Yellow, White, and Cadmium orange to do the highlights and shadows on the petals.  I made a shadow on the stem under the petal with a little Indigo Blue and Canary yellow.


Prismacolor Colored Pencils on a dark grey mat board