3/23/16

NCBG Beginning Colored Pencil (March 2016)

I added a background making it a bit darker with Black and Black Grape.  I have no finished it or taken it to the edges yet.

These are the blueberries from the instruction sheet.  I have worked on a few more blueberries and some stems.  Still have some blueberries and stems without any refining work done to them.

The demo from class.  I did the beginning 3 steps on a few blueberries.  I used True Blue and did a value drawing.  Then I used Pomegranate placing it where there was red, orange, brown, and darks colors.  Then I placed Canary Yellow where it will be green, orange, and brown. I worked on the top pat of the stem until it is close to complete. I used true Blue and Pomegranate in several layers, a little Canary yellow, and then Black Grape on the dark areas and White on the highlights.