6/23/14

NCBG Gouache (June 2014)

I worked on the berry second in from the right.  It needs more adjustments, but is coming along.  I added a bit more values, color, and detail.

I added shadows in the white area as well as some color, adjusted the purple on the bottom background (darkened it a bit)added color and highlights to the middle (it needs darks now), added some values to the buds, and worked on the stems a bit.  It is close but needs a bit more tweaking.

I added another layer of rubber cement and then another layer of color (all of the rubber cement is still on the paper).

I wet the mushroom and bottom foreground area and dropped in a yellow-orange color.  I tried to use salt but it did not work (possibly too humid).  After this was dry I started adding the medium and dark browns to the stem/stalk and the underside.  I also added darks to the bottom foreground area.  I wet a shape, added a dark brown and dotted it while wet with yellow, indigo and/or a red brown.  I textured the top right of the mushroom with an orange color sort of like a messy pointillism with a brush.  While it was still damp I dotted it with white.