1/16/14

Aqueous Acrylics & Gouache (January & February 2014)

Acrylic on a canvas panel/board.  I wet the panel, dropped in color, and placed plastic wrap on it 'scrunching' it to make the texture.  I removed the plastic wrap after it was dry.

Gouache on watercolor paper.  I wet the paper, dropped in color, and placed plastic wrap on it 'scrunching' it to make the texture.  I removed the plastic wrap after it was dry.
Gouache on watercolor paper, applied loosely.  I wet the chick area, mixed some brown (try the 3 primaries).  We will add values and details on top of this loose beginning.

Acrylic on watercolor paper, applied loosely. I wet the chick area, mixed some brown (try the 3 primaries).  We will add values and details on top of this loose beginning.

Acrylic on watercolor paper.  I wet the paper, dropped in the color, and added salt.  Add the salt when it is shiny, not a puddle.  Allow to dry and swipe off the salt.  This is the background for the white cat.

Gouache on watercolor paper.  I wet the paper, dropped in the color, and added salt.  Add the salt when it is shiny, not a puddle.  Allow to dry and swipe off the salt. This is the background for the white cat. 

Gouache on watercolor paper.  I made a medium dark color and painted the egg shape flat color.  We will shade it with white gouache.  We will do the same with acrylic.

Gouache on watercolor paper.  I made a medium dark color, wet the egg shape with water, and added color where the shadow was gently feathering it out.  We will shade it  further with color and with white gouache.  We will do the same with acrylic.