4/8/13

NCBG Acrylic and Gouache A13

Gouache Value Study

Gouache Value Study demo from class.

Local  Color gouache example, the demo from class.  This was done by painting the subject matter the 'local' color (the color it is) - this starts as two dimensional and flat.  Form and detail are added later.  This is the first pass with color.

Local  Color gouache example, the demo from class.  This is after the second pass.  I added red and reddish brown to the 'petals' (which I learned are not petals...) for dark values and white for light values.  I added lights and darks and some detail and color (red, yellow, white) to the brown area.  

Value Study gouache example, the demo from class.  This is the first pass - I used the perm. rose and a little lemon yellow  mix to paint in the dark values.  I worked pretty wet.

Value Study gouache example, the demo from class.  This is the second pass - I painted lemon yellow over the value painting that was there.  I painted brown (a mixture) in the middle area and later added detail with white and yellow.