4/10/13

Aqueous Acrylics (April 2013)

photo

Acrylic on primed masonite prepped with flat house paint (or gesso).  I wet the surface, dropped in color, and added salt when it was ready.  Ready is while still shiny but not puddles.  After it dried I removed the salt.  This is the background/under-painting for the magnolia.

photo

Acrylic on primed masonite prepped with Absorbent Ground.  I wet the surface, dropped in color, and added salt when it was ready.  Ready is while still shiny but not puddles.  After it dried I removed the salt. I transferred the drawing and started adding white to the petals.  I have also started to glaze the background with yellow and blue and blue glaze on the leaves.  I will show this all in the next class.

Acrylic on a canvas panel.  I lightly sanded the panel (most prepared canvases these days are too 'plastic'), transferred the drawing, wet the background and dark stripes, and dropped in yellow and orange.  This is color that will show through as we layer more on top.