11/4/12

NCBG gouache and acrylic

This is the start of the small  gouache examples I demonstrated in class.  the one on the left starts with a 'value study' under-painting.  The one on the right starts with local color.  See the red peppers below for further examples of this.

This is a demo (partial) of the  gouache exercise sheet.  The full one is below.

This is a 'local color' gouache example.  I used permanent rose mixed with a little lemon yellow for the red and indigo and lemon yellow for the green.

This is the 'local color' gouache example further along.  I added values as well as details.  It still needs some glazing and a little more work.

This is the 'value study' gouache example.  I mixed permanent rose, indigo, and lemon yellow to make a warm brown and used the gouache as watercolor for a value under-painting (similar to grisaille).

This is the 'value study' gouache example further along.  I added layers and values as well as details.  It still needs some glazing and a little more work. 
This is the gouache exercise sheet.  I gave this to you as a handout.  You also have a copy of written instructions to help (and hopefully you remember most of the demo...)