11/11/12

NCBG gouache and acrylic

These are photos of the acrylic exercises and examples before class Saturday.

This is the acrylic exercise sheet.  I gave this to you as a handout.  You also have a copy of written instructions to help (and hopefully you remember most of the demo...)

This is the start of an acrylic painting.  It is an example of mixing local color and value study approaches into one piece.  I have done only one pass of color/value so far.

This is a 'local color' acrylic example.  I used quinacridone magenta mixed with a little primary yellow for the red and anthraquinone blue and primary yellow for the green.

This is the 'local color' acrylic example further along.  I added values as well as details.  It still needs some glazing and a little more work.

This is a start on an acrylic painting.  This is the local color approach and I have only made one pass so far.

Acrylic Ground Cherry.  This is a small partially finished acrylic painting using the techniques discussed in class.

This is the 'value study' acrylic example.  I mixed quinacridone magenta, primary yellow, and anthraquinone blue to make grey and used the acrylic as 'watercolor' for a value under-painting (similar to grisaille).

This is the 'value study' acrylic example further along.  I added layers and values as well as details.  It still needs some glazing and a little more work.