10/30/12

Tuesday Class

Watercolor wash on primed Masonite prepped with Absorbent Ground (a Golden Acrylic product).  Notice how much the color is absorbed.  The ground is super absorbent and 'velvety' to work on. I used only cobalt and permanent rose plus water (wet the board first) 

Acrylic tomato painting.  I used more color and layered it on top of the last layer adding more vibrancy and more value changes and detail.

Colored pencil on Bristol Board.  I darkened this a little with tuscan red and worked on the stem area a little Red and green made the center darker).

Colored pencil on black paper.  Sorry for the poor photo (remember me telling you cp on black is harder to take pictures of...).  Remember I layered canary yellow very lightly, then scarlet lake very lightly.  I added some orange and then more white and yellow to the light areas as needed.  I used tuscan red to add some darks.  I used peacock green and chartreuse on the background.  I used peacock green and tuscan red for the dark areas in the center.  You saw how much I lightly layered the color (and how much better this looks in person...).