10/18/12

Sertoma, CW, Sept./Oct. 2012

This is the gouache piece with glazes of aureolin and green gold over the top (and a little rose glaze on the hat).  I will need  to punch up the values.  The glazes have made this piece warmer than it was before..

I worked more on the leaves, the glass vase (added some things inside and added a shadow on the bottom).  I also worked on the flowers as well (negative painting and washes on the petals).

I added more detail (drawing with the watercolor) and added a wash of green and a small amount of brown in areas to the background.

This is the new piece.  1. I transferred the drawing first (very darkly or go over some with pencil as it will start to come off through this process).  2. I dribbled rubber cement over the painting.  3. After it dried I wet the paper and added aureolin and new gamboge (I did not wet the lights, grill, or windshield areas to keep them clear of paint).  This is what it looks like after the first 3 steps.