3/14/12

Tuesday Morning Class

This is the first pass on the acrylic using masking fluid in the lightest areas.  I applied the colors very wet/transparently (water and masking fluid).  I will mask the branches and flowers completely and work on the background for the next class.

Acrylic rubber cement painting - the second pass.  I applied more rubber cement, let it dry, and added another layer of color and used salt for texture.

Colored pencil over  watercolor.  I used mostly a white pencil and started adding my lights.  I also used a little tuscan red  in the shadows as well as some cobalt and I used some green on the centers.

first pass of color after the masking was applied to the lightest areas.  I will  mask the branches and flowers and paint the background next class.


Watercolor rubber cement painting - the second pass.  I applied more rubber cement, let it dry, and added another layer of color and used salt for texture.