2/15/11

PCRD Class:

The following pictures are what the pieces looked like after class.  I will re-post if I work on them any more.

For watercolor I 'scrubbed' out on the parrot's back, a little on the beak, and a few other areas to re-establish the shape.  I added some of the warm 'peach' color (red and yellow) to the face and a few areas.  I added color to the beak and then some indigo. I added green and blue to the head (with some yellow too) and blue down the body (cobalt blue).  I glazed on the left side of the background with aureolin yellow at the top and cobalt blue at the bottom.

For acrylic I mostly added highlights with titanium white that was very thinned (with water and matte medium). I added a mixture of pink plus a little yellow and thinned it quite a bit and painted some on the face as well as places on the body.

For colored pencil (the one on the dark grey) I worked on the beak.  Remember I lightly layered blue, red, yellow, and aqua before shading with the indigo.

Good Luck!