4/16/21

Zoom Watercolor & White gouache Class April, 2021

 


I wet the petal and dropped in a light version of cool red (I used Quin. Rose).  This photo was taken while the area was still wet.
I dampened the petal and dropped in warm red around the edges (I used Pyrrole Scarlet and in some areas added a little Quin. Rose to the Pyrrole Scarlet).   This phot was taken when the area was still wet. 

Dampening an area means less water than when I wet an area.  With dampeneing I have more control and it gives me more time to work than when the paper is dry.  These are my terms for the difference in water amounts.

This is how it looked when dry.


I added a layer of the warm red (pyrrole scarlet) adding more color and texture.  

The color is gradated by cleaning the brush, partially drying it on the towel, and then pulling the color out from the edge.  I did this a few times.  I made textures with the paint to represent the texture on the petals.

I added textiure with the rose as well.