5/3/19

BCB ART & ALE watercolor class April and May 2019

I worked on the 2 grapes bottom right and the stems attaching them to the branch.  I first added darks.  Then on the front grape I added a glaze of warm red.  Then I added the white gouache.  I also worked on the background.  I wet the bottom part of the background.  I went over the cast shadows with water and my brush to soften them.  I added some yellow and white gouache to the wet part of the background and white gouache to the edges of the cast shadows while it was still wet.

I used white goauche to fix some of my edges and to add a few highlights.  I mixed a gray and added more shadows to the swan.  I also added a warm yellow glaze to parts of the swan.  I intensified the orange on the beak and reflection.  I added some shadows with the gray in the water right under the swan as well.  Have a few more shadows and feather texture to add next class.