4/16/18

DAC Mixed Media April & May 2018

Under painting with watercolor (can also use watercolor pencils) on watercolor paper.  The first pass - wet the paper and drop in a warm and color yellow.  Splatter for texture.  Let that dry and then transfer the drawing.  The second pass - wet the area around the flower and the center of the flower.  I dropped in green, green blue and water around the flower.  Drop in yellow, orange and brown in the center.  When the center is shiny but not puddles add sea salt to make the texture.  I have one more pass with watercolor I want to do in the next class before we add colored pencil.

Plastic wrap texture.  Wet the paper, drop in color, lay the plastic wrap on top scrunching it to make the texture.  Allow it to dry before removing the plastic wrap.

Salt texture.  Wet the paper, drop in color, when the paper is shiny and not puddles add the salt.  I used both fine table salt and larger sea salt (you can see both textures).

Under painting with watercolor (can also use watercolor pencils) on watercolor paper.  I transferred the cars (make sure it is dark enough to be seen after the watercolor is added), wet the paper and loosely paint the cars and background.  Let the color flow.  After it is dry start adding colored pencil.  I added a small amount of colored pencil so far.  I will demonstrate this step more next week.