9/28/11

Adventures in WC - Sertoma Class

This is the piece after quite a bit of work today in class.  I added the values to round out the folds in her head scarf (I used a purple mixture of perm. rose and cobalt), after it dried I started adding the pattern making sure I followed the contours of the fabric (I used perm. rose and viridian).  The dress was done with a perm. rose on wet paper with lots of back washes/blossoms to add texture.  After that dried I worked on creating the folds with a warm red.  The skin has several more layers.  I did another layer of brown to add more values (I used a mixture of perm. rose, new gamboge, and indigo).  After that dried I added another layer of brown and dropped in color (areas of indigo, perm. rose, and new gamboge).  This last layer can be just brown (with a good range of values and maybe some glazes) unless you want to try dropping in some color.