5/10/17

Sertoma CPE May and June 2017


I worked on the stem using canary yellow, dark green, pomegranate, yellow chartreuse, a little indigo, and white. I worked on the triangles (not sure what to call them) using yellow chartreuse, pomegranate, black grape, white, and a little indigo.

I worked a little more on the grapes adding some dark with pomegranate and black grape. I worked on the stem using canary yellow and spanish orange, terra cotta, pomegranate, dark green, black grape, white, indigo.  I worked on the shadows using pomegrante, canary yellow, black grape, true blue, scarlet lake.  I varied the shadow by lifting in a few areas and adding yellow. 

This is colored pencil with a solvent (Goo Gone Gel although there are many other solvents that can be used) on Stonehenge off white paper.  I chose true blue and scarlet lake (any colors will work).  I showed you how to shade with the pencil and then melt with the solvent (did this in the hair). I showed you how to sand the pencil in a jar lid and melt it with solvent to create colored pencil "paint" (you can use sand paper or a small strainer to sand the pencil).  Then you paint the subject with a brush.  I did the face this way.  I also used the "paint" colored pencil to splatter.

This is a past project.  I did the entire first layer in aquamarine (not quite finished here).

Then I did a second layer with oranges and yellows and splattered with different colors as well.  These first 2 layers are done with solvent and are under drawings.