5/3/17

DAC Intermediate drawing based WC plants March, April, May 2017

Worked on this a little more at home.

Worked on this a little more at home.

Worked more on the monochromatic part so that it would be ready for glazing color over the under painting.

Started glazing color over the under painting.  I glazed a few petals an a leaf.  

Painted upright, wet on dry. The first pass was yellow (both warm and cool), ultramarine blue, and purple.  I was careful to keep the blue and purple out of the petals.  I painted top to bottom and loose.  I used yellow for the petals and a mixed orange for the shadows of the petals. I mixed brown for the center and later a darker brown and then a warm yellow.  I did this in layers, letting them dry between painting sessions.  I mixed a green for the leaves and stem.  I used a little red for the darkest parts of the petals.