9/10/20

NCBG Beginning Colored Pencil September, 2020

 


The paper is Strathmore Toned Gray paper.  For the first I used white and true blue.  The white is for the light values and the true blue is for the dark values.  This is the first of several layers, so no need to get this dark and saturated.  I used the drawing stump to blend the pencil.  I used the stik tak to lighten areas that were too dark.


For the next pass we used Crimson Red, Indigo Blue, Canary Yellow, and Grass green.  I used the Canary Yellow and did a light layer over all of the blue areas and partly into the red areas. I then used Crimson Red and did a layer on the triangular shapes.  I added some Grass Green to the stalk and up into the head of the asparagus. I used indigo to start adding some darks.  I used the drawing stump to blend the layers. This is mostly at the beginning stage. In a few areas its starting to have more layers.