9/26/20

NCBG BCP September 2020

I started adding color to the dogwood.  I add the color lightly in layers.  I used yellow chartreuse, scarlet lake, spanish orange, and indigo as well as white to blend the color and also to lighten areas as needed.



I added copenhagen blue to the areas with local colors of blue, purple, brown, and black.  I added the layers very lightly using the stik tak and erasers to lighten and the stump to blend.  With this method I use erasers heavily to keep areas light and for cleaning edges and recapturing highlights (I use the pencil top erasers to lighten and the Tombow to clean edges and add highlights).  I paid attention to color and value, darkening areas with an additional layer or two at this point.  

I started adding pomegranate/crimson lake to the areas with the local colors of red/pink, orange, brown, and black.  I again used the erasers and stik tak to lighten and clean edges, etc.

I also added some more background with the blue (have the option to add other colors to get the grayish brown in the background if I choose).

 

I did more work with the pomegranate/crimson lake and copenhagen blue adding some details and adjusting color and value.  I have a few more areas to get to with the pomegranate/crimson lake.  I also need to add some warm red (scarlet lake/crimson).