4/19/19

NCBG Acrylic April, 2019

Acrylic on paper.  I added more lights and darks and some yellow.  Need to start working on the details and refining.

Acrylic on paper.  This one is the second one I started.  I am just starting to add lights and darks.

Acrylic on canvas that is not stretched.  This started as a textured background.  I wet the canvas, dropped in the color and moved it around (I lifted the canvas and tilted it as needed and used a brush as needed).  After it was dry I determined that it was a little darker then i wanted to I did a glaze of white.  After that was dry I transferred the drawing.  I painted the local colors on the thin side (add a little water) - green on the leaves, rose on the flower and a grey brown on the branch.  After that was dry I used white to start painting the highlights.  I made a purple to start painting the darks in the middle of the flower.  Only demonstrated a small amount of that part.

Acrylic on canvas that is not stretched. This is a background made by wetting the canvas and dropping in color.  I used white to demonstrate softening an edge on the bottom of the rounded white shape.

Plastic wrap and acrylic texture on paper.  I wet the paper, dropped in color, and placed the plastic wrap on the paper scrunching it to get shapes.  Leave the plastic wrap on until it is dry.

Salt and acrylic on a canvas board.  I wet the board, dropped in color and when it was shiny but not puddles I dropped in some salt (this was sea salt).

Salt and acrylic on a canvas that is not stretched.  I wet the canvas, dropped in color and when it was shiny but not puddles I dropped in some salt (this was sea salt).

These are various textures wet on dry.  The paper is wet and I pressed things or painted with things on the dry paper.  I used a sponge in the big middle part.  I used a fan brush to do dry brush (the grass looking textures).  I used a stiff flat brush in the circular texture in the upper right.  I used a paper towel for the reddish texture on the left.