4/26/19

Art & Ale @ Black Creek Brewery, April and May, 2019

I worked on the start of shading the grapes.  I wet the grapes and used a mixed dark red (cool red+ purple blue+ warm yellow).  I lifted out some lighter areas.  For the shadows I wet the shadows and dropped in some of the purple, blue and a light gray (a mixed gray from 3 primaries leaning towards blue with a lot of water to make it light).

I wet the entire background working more carefully in the reflected areas.  I added a darker blue-green (mixed the blue-green and added a little red to neutralize it a bit).  I moved the brush horizontally to make water textures.  I added some lighter color to the reflected part of the swan in the water.   I mixed a black (purple blue and my warm red, sometimes a little yellow is needed to get black).  I painted the eye and around the beak and a little in the water.  I used the black I mixed, added water to get a light gray.  I started adding the light shadows to the swans head, neck and body with the very light gray.