3/26/15

Continuing Watercolor (March & April 2015)

I lifted some of the color with the magic eraser sponge.  I added some orange color starting to put in some of the matted hair shapes.  I used gouache to change the outside texture and made it softer.  The front is too round and the shape needs to be changed (I'll do that next class).  I added some shadows to the face.

I added a few more berries and some shadows and details.

First I wet the barn and painted the gray on the barn.  Next I wet the paper and added some blue and purple (very light) to the front snow.  I wet the sky and added blue and a pink/purple.  After it was dry I re wet the sky area where the trees go and started putting in the trees (and scribbles for bushes) with a purple gray.  There will be more layers of trees.  I wet the windows and added the dark.  I painted the eves under the roof.  The barn needs a warm brown at some point.